Societas

Divini

Salvatoris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SESQUICENTENNIAL
JUBILEE
[1855 - 2005]
 

                                                                       

   T 

he Jubilee Year opened with a Parish Mission on the feast of the Annunciation of the BVM, was celebrated in the spirit of gratitude, joy and faith.  The Jubilee Mass, on June 19, 2005 was concelebrated by the Most Rev. Jose Gomez, Archbishop of San Antonio,  Most Rev. Patrick Flores,  Archbishop Emeritus,  Most Rev. John Yanta,  Bishop of Amarillo, Salvatorian Fathers,  and many priests, religious sisters, and distinguished guests. Expressing gratitude to Parishioners for the enormous task of preparing this historical event which included also a picnic and parade,  Rev. Boleslaw Zadora,  SDS pastor, used this opportunity to introduce to guests the spiritual gifts of the Jubilee. 

    C 

ounting the blessings of the ancestors whose faith and love of God still lives on in the beautiful church and cemetery when they left us, the Parishioners decided to leave a legacy of their own faith in the forms of the new Parish Center, a new cross at the entrance dedicated to Pope John Paul II,  a sculpture of St. Isidore, patron of farming communities, and a statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Blessed Mother of the Americas.