After the Centennial Year celebration 1955, a number of improvements were added to the parish. New bells were brought from Holland and the Grotto of Our Lady was constructed along with the marble altar replacing the original altar. A mausoleum was built in the cemetery in the 1970’s. The windows of the church were replaced with stained glass windows and the St. Francis Hall was built. Additionally, carpeting and air-conditioning were installed in the church. A new “Rogers” organ and a sound system were added in 1989. The original painting of the Annunciation above the altar was restored at one time and many of the original statues remain, but the art work on the ceilings has varied during the years.

     In 1992, in preparation for the 125th Anniversary of the church building, a complete renovation was undertaken. All statues were refurbished and chandeliers sponsored and purchased by individual parishioners were added to the lighting system. The present sanctuary mural was painted by a Polish Salvadorian priest/artist. The painting of the Divine Mercy was commissioned and placed above the Tabernacle altar when it was completed. Weekly devotions are held under this title as well as to Our Mother of Perpetual Help. The picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe was dedicated in 1997.

     Under the guidance of the Polish Salvadorian Fathers, (who have been serving this parish since 1987), Polish customs of the celebration of Christmas have been added to the parish celebrations. Parishioners come together to construct the Crib, decorate the Church, and also to enjoy the celebration of Wigilia. The blessing of the Easter basket is also a custom that has been revived. Polish is still the major ethnicity, but many other cultures are now represented in the this parish of 800+ registered families. Regardless of backgrounds, however, the spirit of the founders of this parish and St. Hedwig community is still very much alive. This was visibly manifested during the observation of the 150th Anniversary of its founding.